HERPES ON TONGUE, A VIRAL DISEASE
Herpes is the disease caused by a virus, which is known as herpes simplex virus. Herpes is basically an infection that creates blisters on the infected part of the body. The other name for herpes virus is cold sores. It takes two to four weeks for the infected part to heal up. When we talk about oral herpes, it includes the area present within the mouth. Tongue, inner lips, palette and the throat region are infected mostly by herpes infection. Among all these herpes on tongue is the most uncomfortable one. Lots of symptoms lead you to know you are suffering with herpes.
All tongue sores are not herpes, rather if you feel following symptoms than you are suffering with herpes infection.
- Besides blisters on tongue the person suffers from high fever. Herpes infection raise the body temperature from the normal, this is an indication that you are suffering from a serious viral herpes infection.
- Malaise is the initial and leading sign of a vigorous disease and is the general sensation of anxiety and pain.
- Another symptom of herpes is sores. They are largely, what cause ache and complexity in consumption of food and water. Sores mainly occur in the region of lips, gums, palette, tongue and inner parts of the cheeks. Because of these sores, the narrow part of lymph nodes will also become engorged and constantly aching.
- Next comes muscles ache. This symptom is not seen in many people suffering from herpes, it can be still evident especially in those suffering from high cholesterol, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, and depression. This is common in people taking drugs such as Zocor, Lipitor, aspirin, crestor and Baycol
- Dehydration is one of the key signs and if you consider that you have herpes tongue, and this occurs as a sequelae, then you should call a physician to administrate defensive procedures to dehydration.
The symptoms do not appear all of the sudden as the virus come in contact with the infected part. It takes 2 to 10 days for symptoms to appear. For many people the average time for symptoms to appear is 4 days. It takes 3 to 4 weeks to get rid of herpes infection. If you are facing the following symptoms in your body then you will have to face herpes infection soon.
At start the person will start facing itching sensation on the tongue. This itching will lead to form small blisters on the tongue infected region. These blisters will multiply in a very small spam of time. With the passage of time these blisters will break down quickly and will appear as grey ulcer on a red base. After few days these blister will turn into yellow color and will look dry. The person will feel swear pain and eating will become difficult.
Swelling and bleeding from the infected region may occur. Especially if herpes occupy the area of gums, this will lead to more pain and bleeding. Due to herpes disease the person cannot properly eat and drink, so to avoid dehydration the person should sip cold water throughout the entire day.
The disease is common in children with age less than 6 years. They undergo from swear infection and high fever. If you have weak immune system, this will lead to swear herpes infection. It is very important for pregnant women to go for a checkup, if herpes on tongue virus is noticed.
DIAGNOSIS AND PRECAUTIONS
Mostly doctors cure herpes after seeing them. So, it’s better to see the doctor as soon as possible after the symptoms of herpes appears.
If doctor is not available, to reduce the muscle pain and fever you can take Ibuprofen. You must consume large amount of water to reduce dehydration.
If you are suffering with c then avoid toothpaste, as it contains irritating agents like sodium. You can use sodium less toothpaste.
Avoid sharing water and food with the person having herpes disease. If you are one of them wear mask so that disease doo not spread. Herpes infection is a viral disease; it can be spread easily from person to person.
Herpes is a viral disease. It forms blisters on the infected region and leads to fever and pain. The person suffering from herpes should avoid sharing of food and should wear mask, so the viral disease do not spread.